Private Chateau Versailles and Countryside tour
This tour is the perfect way to visit Versailles with an experienced guide.
We will skip the highway and take the country roads to Versailles on our scooters to see the Chateau, Gardens, Estate of Marie Antoinette, and even drive our scooters through the Park of Versailles.
Its also possible to tour through the beautiful french countryside surrounding Versailles.
Only 15km from Paris, the drive to Versailles is very leisurely with minimal traffic and beautiful sights to see along the way.
Details of the tour
- Our Versailles tour runs every day of the week
- Tours start at 10am
- All tours are PRIVATE between November and March
- Private tours means you will have the guide all to yourselves
- The tour will start from your Paris hotel, apartment, train or metro station, or a location chosen by you
- The duration of the tour is around 7 hours.
- Tours can be given in ENGLISH, FRENCH, SPANISH or PORTUGUESE
- All our guides are Parisians or Francophiles- fluent in English and lovers of all thing french!
- Guided tours of inside the Chateau of Versailles can be arranged for an additional charge. Please tell us when you make the booking and we can organize this for you
Versailles tour itinerary
- We set off through the Bois de Boulogne towards the river Seine, then travel south along its bank and then head west towards Versailles. Winding our way through some picturesque French towns, lakes and forest, we follow the Rue de Roi, the same route Louis XIV would take when traveling from Paris to Versailles to view the construction of his chateau
- Arriving into the town of Versailles we will park our Vespas in front of the Grille d’Honneur and continue on foot
- Your guide will give you a tour through the Place d’Armes and behind the Chateau to visit the Gardens, The Latona fountain and The Orangerie
- Between April and October during the weekends we will see the Versailles fountain show- The Grandes Eaux
- Returning to our scooters we will drive into the Grounds of the Versailles, through a secret side entry
- We are then able to drive all through the Grounds of Versailles- down the grand avenues past The Farm, up to the entrance of the Grand Trianon, the Petit Trianon, the Domain of Marie Antoinette, and along the banks of the Grand Canal!
- After lunch at a local restaurant you then have the option to go inside the actual Chateau of Versailles of foot, or take a tour of the french countryside surrounding Versailles on the scooters
Countryside, or inside the Chateau…
If you choose to go into the Chateau your guide will wait for you outside. Guided tours of the Chateau can be arranged, but most people visit the Chateau by themselves with the free audioguide. Its usually takes about 1-1.5hours to visit. The cost of entry into the Chateau is not included in the price of the tour.
If you choose to visit the countryside we will explore two very old, quaint French villages behind Versailles. On the way to the villages we will travel through come beautifulFrench countryside and picturesque farmlands. Incredible to think you are only 45 minutes from Paris!
If you are unsure of what option to choose its fine to decide on the day of the tour.
The Grand Eaux (The fountain show)
During the weekend are able to arrive at the Chateau in time to see The Grandes Eaux- “the enchanting show of the Chateau’s fountains running in full-play with a musical background”. The fountains are turned on for only 1 hour during Saturdays and Sundays, during April – October.
For lunch we can either stop at a traditional French restaurant or creperie, or pick up some sandwiches from a bakery and eat them on the park of Versailles. Please note: Lunch is not included in the tour price.
The tour price includes:
- Your guide
- Your Vespa
- Starting and finishing the tour from your hotel or apartment anywhere in Paris
- WET WEATHER FLEXIBILITY – postpone the tour to another day that suits you if its raining on the day of your reservation, free of charge ofcourse!
- 2 or 3 helmets as needed
- Fuel for the day
- A top case to store your backpack and camera
- 2 or 3 wet weather gear if needed
- French TVA taxes
- Insurance for the scooter (cover for 3rd Party, Theft and Damage, with security deposit of 1200€, taken as a ‘hold’ on a credit card, NOT charged. The security deposit can be reduced to 500€ for an additional 20€)
Price for the scooter tour to Versailles
***WINTER SPECIAL*** 20% off all SCOOTER TOURS until end of February 2016
€250 per person driving a Vespa
€50 for a passenger on the same Vespa
€50 for a 2nd passenger riding with the guide (i.e 3 people doing the tour together)
After the tour for an additional €50 you have the option of keeping the Vespa for a further 24 hours and exploring Paris on your own.